If you’re looking for some of the best SpyFu alternatives, you have landed in the right place.
SpyFu is hands down one of the most useful competitor analysis tools that SEOs have been using for years.
They have one of the most robust SEO competitive analysis tools that you can use to dig a hole into your competitor’s SEO strategy.
But in this ever-changing world, nothing is perfect.
SpyFu also has its limitations and drawbacks, which can limit your ability to thrive in this competitive SEO space.
Even though SpyFu has a massive database of 123 million domains and 73 billion results, most users believe the data accuracy isn’t that good compared to other SEO tools.
Also, if you compare it with other SEO tools within this category and price point, SpyFu has a very limited set of tools outside the competitive analysis features.
So, if you’re looking for a more data-reliable and complete SEO toolkit, we have reviewed and picked some of the best SpyFu alternatives that can replace SpyFu while improving your SEO performance.
So, ready to get a sneak peek of the SpyFu competitors? Let’s dive in.
7 Best SpyFu Alternatives of 2023
1. Zutrix (Most Affordable Option)
One of the most affordable alternatives to SpyFu is Zutrix.
Zutrix is a complete SEO suite with plenty of useful toolkits and features that can skyrocket your SEO growth in almost no time.
From keyword research and competitor analysis to backlink monitoring and rank tracking, you can pretty much perform all the crucial SEO tasks under one roof.
Not only that, Zutrix has a lot of free tools that you can use without even signing in to the platform.
- Rank tracking: Track your keyword rankings based on country, city, language, or device. If you’re primarily into local SEO, you can also track your local keywords easily.
- Shareable project link: Share project reports with custom permissions with your team members or clients using a shareable link.
- Notifications: Get daily ranking change notifications on your telegram, email, or Slack.
- Keyword research: Find thousands of unique and low-competitive keyword ideas for Google and YouTube search engines.
- Keyword metrics: Get solid keyword metrics like search volume, trend data, CPC, and competition to measure the effectiveness of any keyword.
- Backlink monitoring: Monitor your backlinks 24/7 with the spam score of each backlink and an option to disavow the spammy links quickly.
- SERP API: The most accurate SERP API with 99.9% uptime guaranteed.
- White-label reports: Generate white-labeled SEO reports for your clients with your own company logo and branding.
Zutrix offers three different plans:
- Starter: $8/mo (if billed yearly)
- Pro: $23/mo (if billed yearly)
- Agency: $44/mo (if billed yearly)
All of these plans come with different usage limits and access to certain limited features.
For example, you’ll only get the “White Label” feature if you opt-in for the Agency plan. Starter and Pro plans do not have the “White Label” reports feature.
Except that, no matter what plan you choose, you’ll get similar features.
However, if you’re not entirely convinced with the tool’s capability yet, you can try out Zutrix for 7 days for just $7.
On top of that, you can also use Zutrix for free with limited access.
Almost every SEO professional knows about SEMRush.
It’s one of the OG’s of SEO tools and a great alternative to SpyFu.
But don’t confuse SEMRush with any other SEO tools. It’s a complete marketing toolkit that can help you with SEO, content marketing, PPC, and social media marketing under one roof.
This tool is so popular that over 10 million marketing professionals have already used it.
However, the pricing can be an issue for many if you’re looking for affordable SpyFu alternatives.
When it comes to pricing, it’s one of the most expensive SEO tools on the market.
- Keyword research: Get unlimited keyword ideas with just one seed keyword, along with crucial keyword metrics like search volume, intent, CPC, competition, number of search results, SERP features, and much more.
- Database: Insanely huge database with 25 billion+ keywords, 808 million+ domain profiles, 43T backlink data, and 140 geo databases.
- Keyword manager: Save your precious time by managing and automatically clustering up to 2,000 keywords using the SEMRush keyword manager.
- Website audit: Fully audit your website to find out any technical or on-page issues that you might have missed.
- On-page SEO: An on-page SEO checker that gives you recommendations to improve your content and optimize while you write.
- Rank tracking: Track your own or competitor’s keyword positions automatically based on geo-location or device.
- Local listing management: Manage your local listings effectively.
- Backlink: Find new backlink opportunities by analyzing your competitors’ backlink profiles.
- Backlink audit: Audit your backlink profile to spot and eliminate any spam backlinks that might hurt your SEO reputation.
SEMRush offers three different plans:
- Pro: $129.95/month (Up to 5 projects, 500 keyword position tracking, and 10,000 results per report).
- Guru: $249.95/month (Up to 15 projects, 1,500 keyword position tracking, and 30,000 results per report).
- Business: $499.95/month (Up to 40 projects, 5,000 keyword position tracking, and 50,000 results per report).
Additionally, if you buy the annual plan, you get up to a 17% discount on this pricing.
All the plans come with a 7-day free trial and a 7-day money-back guarantee.
If you’re looking for reliable SpyFu alternatives, Moz should be at the top spots of your priority list.
Moz is a well-known name in the SEO industry that comes with a loaded SEO toolbox to empower your rankings.
Moz invented the domain authority metric that most SEO professionals use to evaluate the linkworthiness of any website.
They even have a free Chrome extension called “Moz Bar” that lets you see crucial website metrics like DA, PA, and backlinks while surfing the web.
It also has one of the most reliable SEO data, with over 43.1 trillion indexed links, 1.25 billion keyword suggestions, and 8 million daily SERP analyses.
- Keyword research: Find better keyword opportunities with various data points and competition data.
- Keyword manager: Easily add, manage, categorize, and create keyword lists to get a clear view of your content strategy.
- Keyword rank tracking: Monitor and track your keyword ranking performance across top search engines to measure and stay on track with your SEO strategy.
- Keyword rank comparison: Compare keyword rankings based on device type (mobile vs desktop).
- Website audit: Crawl and audit your website’s technical and on-page SEO health, along with solutions to fix the issues that might harm your rankings.
- Backlink analysis: Analyze any website’s backlink profile and find the most valuable pages, linking domains, and anchor texts.
- Backlink monitoring: Track and manage your backlinks in one single dashboard.
- Content optimization: Get a content optimization score and suggestions to improve the content for better rankings.
- Reports: Create custom branded reports for your clients or team.
Moz Pro has four different plans:
- Standard: $99/month (Best for newbies who have limited usage).
- Medium: $179/month (Best for small businesses and bloggers).
- Large: $299/month (Best for agencies and mid-size businesses).
- Premium: $599/month (Best for large SEO agencies and enterprise in-house SEO teams).
If you pay yearly, you can save 20% on this pricing.
Along with that, Moz also offers a 30-day free trial that you can try out before making any decision.
Ahrefs is another big SpyFu competitor that you can’t miss out on.
Most SEO professionals use this platform to discover new link opportunities, content ideas, and keywords with the most accurate data.
They also have one of the fattest web crawlers among all the SEO tools, which makes this tool much more reliable and updated.
In fact, Ahrefs recently launched their new search engine called “yep” to make the search engine experience smooth and safe.
They are literally jumping into a fight with one of the most powerful companies and search engines on the planet – Google.
- Site explorer: Get a detailed view of any website’s organic search traffic, backlinks, and top-ranking pages.
- Keyword explorer: Find thousands of new keyword ideas for 10 different search engines, including Google, Bing, Yahoo, and YouTube.
- Metrics: Choose which keywords to target based on crucial metrics like search volume, clicks, keyword difficulty, traffic potential, etc.
- Keyword list: Manage and segment keywords into a list for your future reference.
- Site Audit: Automatically audit your website to identify the technical or on-page SEO issues that might affect your website’s rankings, along with proper solutions to fix those issues.
- Rank tracking: Track and monitor your keyword rankings and compare the data with your competitors to see the progress of your efforts.
- Content explorer: Find new and traffic-generating content ideas within your niche from Ahref’s database of 14.2B billion indexed web pages.
Ahrefs offers four plans:
- Lite: $99/month (Best for hobby projects and small businesses)
- Standard: $199/month (Best for freelancers and SEO consultants)
- Advanced: $399/month (Best for in-house marketing teams)
- Enterprise: $999/month (Best for agencies and enterprise companies)
If you pay annually, you’ll get 2 months of free subscription.
However, Ahrefs does not provide any free trial and refunds on purchases.
Majestic is a popular SEO tool mainly used by SEO professionals for backlink-related activities.
When it comes to backlinks, no one can match their level of data accuracy. They currently have backlink data of 4,265,705,319,204 indexed unique URLs from 2006.
Majestic is also home to some crucial backlink metrics, such as trust flow, citation flow, visibility flow, topical trust flow, and flow metric scores. These metrics will help you identify the quality of the backlinks.
So, in short:
Unlike Zutrix, SEMRush, Ahrefs, or Moz, Majestic is not an all-in-one SEO tool. Majestic is all about backlinks.
- Site explorer summary: It gives you a complete view of the website’s backlink profile in a single dashboard.
- Referring domains: Just like any other SEO tool, this feature enables you to look at the backlink profile of any website in-depth and see where the backlinks are coming from.
- Bulk backlink checker: Analyze the backlink profile of up to 400 URLs in one go (you can also analyze up to 1,000,000 URLs if you upload the URLs in a file format).
- Compare domains: Compare the backlink profile and strength of two websites side by side.
- Custom reports: Generate comprehensive and detailed custom reports for your clients.
- Backlink metrics: Majestic provides some crucial backlink metrics like trust flow, citation flow, visibility, and more that will help you evaluate the worth of any backlink.
Majestic has three plans:
- Lite: $49.99/monthly (Access to 1 user)
- Pro: $99.99/monthly (Access to 1 user)
- API: $399.99/monthly (Access to 5 users)
Each plan comes with different sets of usage limitations and access to features.
They also have a free plan which you can use without paying anything.
SE Ranking is one of those SpyFu alternatives that can help you perform every SEO task efficiently without having to switch platforms.
From keyword research and website audit to backlink analysis and competitive analysis, they have tools for everything.
If you run an agency, they also have some lucrative features for you, such as white label reports, lead generators, client seats, and much more.
It might not have as in-depth and massive databases as other SpyFu alternatives. However, it’s still not far behind, with around 188 country databases, 2B domain profiles, and 4.2B keyword suggestions.
- Keyword rank tracker: Easily track your most important keyword rankings in any location, device, or search engine. You can track your competitor’s keywords, too.
- Keyword research: Find thousands of low-hanging and long-tail keyword opportunities that no one is targeting.
- Metrics: Analyze and choose the right keywords for your SEO strategy based on multiple keyword parameters and metrics like keyword difficulty, search volume, CPC (cost per click), global volume, and intent.
- Backlink checker: Get a sneak peek of any website’s backlink profile and find golden backlink opportunities.
- Backlink monitor: Monitor your backlink profile along with identifying and disavowing bad backlinks that might hurt your website’s SEO reputation.
- Competitive research: Research your competitors in and out with detailed information on their organic search and paid advertising performance.
- Website audit: Run a website audit to find out any critical or minor issues on your website, along with solutions to fix those quickly.
- On-page SEO checker: Optimize any web page for better SEO rankings based on many checkpoints.
- Report builder: Get automated detailed SEO reports sent directly to your inbox with your branding.
SE Ranking offers three plans:
- Essential: $55/mo (1 manager seat and 10 projects)
- Pro: $109/mo (3 manager seats and unlimited projects)
- Business: $239/mo (5 manager seats and unlimited projects)
If you choose to pay annually, you’ll get a free migration service (if you’re already using an SEO tool) and a flat 20% discount on all plans.
The best thing about SE Ranking is they offer a 14-day free trial that you can sign up for without even giving your credit card details.
The next SpyFu alternative we have is Serpstat.
Serpstat is a growth-focused SEO tool that most people use for keyword research, competitor analysis, and site audits.
They have a huge database of 1.46B domains, 7.03B keywords, 1.1T backlinks, 4.54B keyword suggestions, 1.97B keywords in SERPs, and 230 country data centers.
The user interface of Serpstat is also exceptionally clean and beginner-friendly. Even a complete newbie can use this tool without any confusion.
- Keyword research: Analyze and find the highest search volume yet low competitive keywords within your niche using the Serpstat keyword research tool.
- Batch analyze keywords: You can batch analyze up to 100,000 keywords in one go and pick the right keywords for your SEO campaigns.
- Rank tracker: Track your website’s keyword rankings in 230 countries and all kinds of device types. You can also analyze ad positions in contextual advertising.
- Backlink checker: Analyze your competitor’s backlink profile and steal the best backlink opportunities for your own site.
- Site audit: Run an in-depth technical and on-page audit on your website to find out any major issues that might have been stopping your website from ranking higher on the search results.
- Keyword clustering: Cluster and manage up to 50,000 keywords right inside this tool.
- AI content generation: Generate high-quality and fully SEO-optimized content for your website within a few seconds.
Serpstat has four plans:
- Individual: $59/month
- Team: $119/month
- Agency: $479/month
- Custom: Pricing based on your requirement
They also provide add-on features such as local SEO listing management, search volume crawling service, and SERP crawling for an additional cost.
They have a free version of the tool with limited access to features and usage that you can use for absolutely free of cost.
Choosing the right SpyFu alternatives can be a bit confusing.
After all, plenty of options with attractive features always look tempting.
But before you choose any of these SpyFu competitors, you have to first decide your budget.
If you’re on a tight budget, we’re sure you won’t get a better option than Zutrix.
Zutrix is not only an extremely affordable SEO tool on the market right now, but you also won’t have to compromise on the quality and number of features compared to other tools.
However, at the end of the day, you’re free to choose any of these SpyFu alternatives based on your personal preference.