Ahrefs is one of the most popular SEO tools on the market.
And especially if building backlinks is your top-most priority, it’s tough to find a better alternative to Ahrefs.
It has plenty of features that will completely change the way you do search engine optimization.
But like most things, nothing is perfect for everyone.
The same goes for Ahrefs as well.
Although it’s a great tool, Ahref is not a perfect fit for everyone.
The membership of Ahrefs is quite costly (especially for a beginner), and not everyone can afford to pay $99/mo for a single tool.
And even after paying $99/mo, you get minimal access to the tool with the base plan.
That’s not a good thing.
That’s why in this post, we’ll be listing some of the best Ahrefs alternatives that are not only reasonably affordable but also come with plenty of valuable features and reliable data.
So without wasting any further time, let’s dive right into the post.
7 Best Ahrefs Alternatives & Competitors You Should Try
We won’t say we’re similar to Ahrefs because there are a lot of things that we offer differently.
But if you’re looking for a cost-effective alternative to Ahrefs that helps you to:
- Monitor your backlinks.
- Track your keyword rankings.
- Find new keyword ideas.
You’ll completely love Zutrx (we can GUARANTEE).
We’ve launched Zutrix around two years back with few toolsets. Currently, we’ve built Zutrix into a complete SEO suite, and over 20,000+ have joined us in just the last one year.
The interface of Zutrix is clean and easily accessible, even for beginners. And using this single tool, you can do plenty of things starting from competitor analysis to rank tracking.
- Generate tons of related keyword ideas and evaluate the keywords based on various data such as search volume, CPC, competition, and much more.
- Track your keyword rankings based on a specific location and device.
- Generate white-label SEO reports for your clients with a click of a button.
- Monitor your backlinks from a single dashboard.
- Get a spam score for each referring domain and quickly disavow spammy links using the tool.
- Use SERP API to easily add accurate SERP data to your projects.
- Get alerts for any significant ranking changes on your website.
- Track the keyword performance of your competitors.
Zutrix plans start at $9/mo.
You can also get higher plans based on your usage. However, if you want the white-label report feature, you have to get the Agency plan.
You can even try out Zutrix for 7 days at just $7.
Serpstat is another excellent all-in-one SEO platform and Alternatives to Ahrefs that comes with plenty of useful features and toolsets. It was founded in 2013, and since then, more than 200k+ users have joined the platform.
They have more than 30+ tools that almost cover all the aspects of SEO.
Some of the most useful tools of Serpstat are:
- Keyword analysis.
- Competitor analysis.
- Rank tracker.
- On-page audit.
- Site audit tool.
- Keyword clustering.
Serpstat offers all the critical toolsets that you would need to work on your SEO projects efficiently.
And Serpstat does not just offer SEO-related features. If you’re running PPC ad campaigns, Serpstat has toolsets for that as well.
- The keyword research tool of Serpstat made the whole keyword research process super easy and time-saving. Using this tool, you can find out tons of keyword ideas that are worth going after.
- Find out the trend data of any keyword, region, or city.
- Batch analyze up to 100,000+ keywords and list of domains at a single time.
- Check the ranking position of keywords and compare it to your competitors.
- Analyze your competitors and find out what are the top SEO keywords they rank for, what keywords they are targeting for their PPC campaigns, and spy on their ad campaigns.
- Analyze the backlink profile of your or your competitor’s website.
- Run a sitewide audit of your website and find out any technical or on-page issues that might harm your SEO performance.
The pricing of Serpstat starts at $69/mo. Even though the base plan has certain usage limitations, still it’s far better than Ahrefs.
SEMRush is the toughest competitor of Ahrefs and one of the best alternatives to Ahrefs as well.
It was started long back in 2008, and since then, the growth of SEMRush has been exceptional. Currently, it has over 10M+ users and operates in over 143 countries.
SEMRush also has one of the largest databases compared to any other tool. They have over 21B+ keywords, 808M+ domain profiles, and 43T+ backlinks stored in the database.
Also, SEMRush is not just an SEO tool. It’s an all-in-one marketing platform that can help you in your overall marketing strategy.
Starting from SEO to content marketing, you can do everything right inside SEMRush.
- Use the keyword magic tool to find out untapped keyword ideas that no one is targeting.
- Using the keyword gap features, you can find out what are the keywords your competitors are targeting, but you’re not.
- Manage your keyword lists easily inside the tool.
- Run a site audit to find out if your website has any technical, crawling, or on-page issues that might harm your SEO performance.
- Optimize your content with the help of SEMRush on-page SEO checker.
- Analyze the organic performance of your competitors and get a sneak peek of their top-ranking keywords.
- Analyze your competitor’s PPC ad campaigns.
- Monitor your keyword rankings.
- Find unique link opportunities to build quality backlinks.
- Track your backlink profile and clean up bad and spammy links that might harm your site performance.
The pricing of SEMRush starts at $119.95/mo, and if you get the annual plan, you’ll get a 17% extra discount right away.
SEMRush and Ahrefs almost have similar pricing, but the only advantage that SEMRush provides is the number of features.
Ubersuggest is one of the best freemium Ahrefs alternatives that was started by a famous marketing influencer Neil Patel.
Initially, Ubersuggest was completely free, and after a few years, they introduced a paid plan (which is super cost-effective, to be honest).
Ubersuggest provides various different SEO tools such as:
- Backlinks analyzer.
- Website traffic checker.
- Keyword research tool.
- SEO analyzer.
- Site auditor.
They are constantly improving the tool, and it offers a great value compared to the price you’ll pay.
However, it’s not an excellent tool for advanced SEO professionals because it has quite basic features.
But if you’re just starting out as a beginner, the features they provide would be enough for you.
- Find out keyword ideas along with various data to measure the keyword worthiness.
- Discover new content ideas.
- Analyze your and your competitor’s backlink profile.
- Clean and beginner-friendly interface.
- Easily audit your website.
You can use Ubersuggest for as low as $12/mo. And you can even avail the 7 days free trial to figure out whether or not this tool is perfect for you.
The next Ahrefs alternatives we have is – SEO Powersuite.
As the name suggests, SEO Powersuite is a complete powerhouse for SEO professionals and businesses.
In this age of cloud-based software, SEO Powersuite is downloadable software that you have to download and install on your desktop or laptop to run the software.
But if you look at their pricing and the features they provide, you might consider using this tool.
SEO Powersuite comes with four different toolsets:
- Rank tracker.
- Website auditor.
- SEO SpyGlass.
- Link Assistant.
Basically, you can do backlink analysis, track keyword ranking, optimize on-page SEO and generate SEO reports, everything inside SEO Powersuite.
- Monitor your keyword ranking positions based on a specific location, language, or device.
- Find out keyword opportunities.
- Analyze the search volume, competition, and CPC of each keyword.
- Create custom ranking reports for your clients or teammates.
- Audit your website and find out if your website has any technical or on-page errors.
- Analyze your backlink profile and discover new backlink opportunities.
- Run bulk backlink analysis for up to 200 domains.
- Manage your outreach campaign right inside the tool.
- Generate customized backlink reports.
SEO Powersuite professional plan costs $299/year, and the enterprise plan costs $499/year.
You can even buy the toolsets separately if you want.
Majestic is a popular SEO tool for backlink analysis.
The backbone of Ahrefs is its backlink analysis tool. And if you’re someone who used or wanted to use Ahrefs because of its backlink analysis tool, Majestic can be a great alternative for that.
The backlink data you’ll get on Majestic has outstanding accuracy.
On top of that, Majestic also has its own metrics such as Trust Flow, Citation Flow, Visibility Flow, Topical Trust Flow, and Flow Metric Scores that will help you to evaluate the quality of any backlink.
Of course, unlike Ahrefs, you can’t do much on this tool except backlink analysis.
But if you’re heavily focusing on building links, this can be a really powerful weapon for you.
- They have their own metrics to evaluate the quality of backlinks.
- Investigate any backlinks.
- Huge backlink index.
- Industry-leading API system.
- Export data in CSV or Excel files.
Their plan starts at $49.99/mo. You can use the tool for free as well (But, of course, with lots of limitations).
SE Ranking is one of the perfect alternatives to Ahrefs, which comes with a huge range of SEO tools to help you improve your search ranking.
Just like most of the tools on this list, SE Ranking is also an all-in-one SEO platform and has almost all the features you would need to improve your website’s search performance.
Some of the highlighted tools of SE Ranking are:
- Keyword rank tracker.
- Website auditor.
- On-Page SEO Checker.
- Backlink checker.
- Backlink Tracker.
- Keyword research tool.
And they just don’t offer plenty of toolsets. The pricing of SE Ranking is also quite affordable than most of the SEO tools out there on the market.
- Track your keyword rankings on multiple locations using the keyword rank tracker.
- Audit your website and get a full report of all the technical issues of your site, along with solutions to fix that.
- Optimize your content using the on-page SEO checker.
- Find out new backlink opportunities and spy on your competitor’s backlink profile using SE Ranking Backlink Checker.
- Find out plenty of new keyword ideas.
- Analyze keywords based on various different parameters such as difficulty score, search volume, CPC, and paid competition.
- Track your backlinks efficiently right inside the tool.
The price of SE Ranking starts at $31.20/mo. Their pricing depends upon the ranking check frequency you want.
For example, if you want your keyword rankings to be checked daily, you have to pay more.
On the other hand, if you want your keyword ranking check frequency to be weekly, you’ll get a 40% discount right away.
Ahrefs is an outstanding SEO tool for entrepreneurs, businesses, and marketers.
But not everyone can afford to pay $99/mo for a tool (especially when someone is just starting out).
If Ahrefs is also out of your budget, you can try out any of these amazing Ahrefs alternatives.
Of course, as we’ve built Zutrix and have 100% belief in this tool, we would definitely recommend you to try out Zutrix once.
But in the end, it totally depends upon you. You’re free to choose any tool from this list as per your requirement.
You can even try out two or three tools from this list before choosing the perfect one for you.