If you are looking to improve your SEO and increase website traffic, you need the right SEO tools to understand your website better and where you could make improvements.
Marketing professionals around the globe rely on SEMRush as one of their most effective tools. It is so popular because it offers a wide range of features at an affordable price. However, not everyone can afford to pay $99 per month for a SaaS tool. This is where SEMRush alternatives come in.
In this post, we’ll list down some of the best alternatives to SEMRush that not only cost way less than SEMRush but also comes with plenty of features that can take your SEO game to next level.
So without much further ado, let’s dive in.
9 Best SEMRush Alternatives & Competitors to Try Out
Zutrix is an artificial intelligence-powered Google Rank Tracker that uses advanced algorithms to track your keyword placements accurately. It comes with several capabilities for obtaining keyword ideas and complete white-label reports.
- It provides real-time notifications via Telegram, Slack, and emails to keep you up-to-date on your daily keyword position changes.
- Its keywordLab feature helps you examine a specific keyword to provide information on the search traffic, competition, keyword difficulty, domain authority, CTR, etc.
- Zutrix provides real-time link sharing to send your customers a direct link to a project with specific custom permissions.
- It has a simplified reporting system that allows you to schedule and send the reports for the added domain directly to your email without logging in to your Zutrix account.
- It’s a user-friendly tool for keyword tracking and competitive analysis. Zutrix has an intuitive and easy-to-use interface with advanced capabilities, making it an intelligent tool for digital marketers.
- It provides geo-based tracking to track your competitors easily.
- It provides multi-device results to keep track of all your keywords separately.
- Compared to the features Zutrix provides, its pricing is super affordable for all your SEO tasks.
- It has quite-friendly customer support, available 24/7 via email or chat.
- It also helps you generate some best SEO terms for your YouTube videos. And the YouTube tag generator option is entirely free to use.
- Currently, Zutrix doesn’t come with as many tools like SEMRush, but we’re adding more useful SEO tools in the coming months. There’s no such huge con of Zutrix.
Zutrix offers monthly and yearly plans:
- Starter: $9
- Pro: $28
- Agency: $54
Ahrefs is the most popular and powerful Semsruh alternative. It boasts of its free learning materials, a dedicated Facebook community called AHREFS Insider, and ongoing customer support. It’s considered the best SEO tool for its backlink database and site-specific crawling capabilities.
- Its content explorer feature will quickly locate the most popular content based on the metrics like referring domains, social media shares, and organic search traffic.
- It helps you compare your competitors’ link profiles using the Ahrefs Domain Comparison feature. This gives you a clear view of what constitutes a strong link profile so that you can perform your SEO strategy accordingly.
- The site audit feature of this Ahrefs gives you a detailed analysis of your website pages and an overall SEO health score, displays critical data in graphs, highlights all potential SEO concerns, and offers ideas for improving them.
- It helps you identify all the pages that reference your brand but don’t link. Through its Highlight unlinked domains feature, you can differentiate which domains link to you and which do not but mention your brand.
- Ahrefs has the most extensive backlink index/database. It allows you to perform in-depth on-page SEO and backlinking analysis of your competitor’s website.
- Conduct keyword research for Amazon, YouTube, Google, and nine other search engines.
- Discover and analyze your competitors top performing pages and keywords and see how many searchers click those keywords are bringing.
- It helps you keep track of all the broken links to your site, leading to a 404 page.
- The Ahrefs interface is more inviting, with more information and data regarding each search. You can obtain more valuable data such as keyword difficulty, search volume, new keywords, questions, etc.
- The main disadvantage is that the Ahrefs tools are only available to one user at a time for their basic plan unless you pay extra. It’s a high-priced tool with no affiliate program.
- Ahrefs’ web traffic metrics statistics aren’t as accurate as those provided by another platform. The data on the dashboard is a bit outdated.
- There isn’t a Google Analytics or Search Console integration.
- There isn’t a mobile-friendly app that can perform SEO jobs on the fly.
Ahrefs pricing is divided into 4 SEO plans, which include: Lite ($99), Standard ($199), Advanced ($399), and Enterprise ($999). The pricing increase based on the number of users and advanced features. And its annual plans give you two months of free use.
Serpstat is one of the finest SEMRush alternatives for content marketers. This growth hacking tool provides a wide range of powerful and useful SEO toolsets that will help you to improve your SEO performance and monitor your results.
- You can find the backlink profile of any website with Serpstat’s SEO backlink tracking tool.
- Its Domain and URL Analysis feature allows users to examine a domain, determine which keywords generate the most traffic, and view all data on the site. URL analysis enables users to get vital information like traffic, keywords, traffic each keyword drive, and much more.
- The PPC analysis feature helps you in understand your paid competitor’s ad placements and campaigns, allowing you to make appropriate changes to your PPC campaigns.
- Clustering tools assist in forming keyword clusters.
- Advertising analysis provides you with a list of ad examples.
- It contains extensions of several web browsers such as Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Keyword metrics are presented clearly with the appropriate numbers and color-coding.
- It’s a beginner-friendly tool with a simple and intuitive interface.
- The pricing options of this tool are affordable as compared to other alternatives.
- The customer service isn’t that great and takes a long time to resolve the issues.
- The software can become a bit confusing for users with so many tools.
- Only the most expensive plan come with white label reporting.
- Users have discovered an inaccuracy in keyword difficulty.
- A site audit can take a long time for large websites with many pages.
Serpstat has a monthly price range of $69 to $499. There are four membership tiers available: Lite ($69 per month), Standard ($149 per month), Advanced ($299 per month), and Enterprise ($499 per month). Serpstat also offers a free trial that lasts for a limited time.
SE Ranking is another popular software that is highly beneficial to SEO professionals and content creators. The keyword rank tracker is one of the standout features of this cloud-based software. SE Ranking is one of the most excellent SEMRush alternatives in terms of keyword research, with the added benefit of flexible pricing.
- With the unique Keyword Grouper tool, you can segment keywords, plan your PPC keywords, and create an overall strategy for your site.
- The professional custom reporting tool makes it simple to make decisions based on crucial SEO data.
- View historical data for your most critical keywords in the Keyword Rank Tracker, and filter data by the device to discover how well your website ranks on multiple devices.
- You can develop an effective link-building strategy using the backlink analysis tool with almost 15 distinct variables.
- It has a very user-friendly interface (even beginners can use it without any issue).
- Its link analysis feature allows you to track and monitor the inbound links your website is getting in real-time. It checks if links are still active and record the date of any changes.
- It allows you to keep track of up to ten websites at once.
- The keyword ranking data it provides are super reliable compared to other tools.
- Users have regularly complained about poor customer service.
Users can choose from three SE Ranking plans: Essential, Pro, or Business. The Essential package costs $18.60 per month, while the Pro and Business subscriptions cost $42.50 and $90. A two-week free trial and 14-day money-back guarantee are available to users. Discounts are available for a variety of plans. This is why SE Ranking is regarded as one of the most cost-effective alternatives to SEMRush.
Moz is a SEMRush alternative that offers a large number of SEO-related toolsets. Using its various useful toolsets you can improve your website’s performance and outperform your competitors quite easily.
The highlighting feature of Moz is the Moz bar chrome extension it has. Using this extension you can find out the domain authority, page authority, and page links of search results right inside the search engine.
These metrics help you to analyze whether or not the keyword is competitive and how many links you would need to rank for that keyword and compete with other search rivals.
- Broken links, missing title tags, and poor website architecture are all detected by their site audit feature.
- Its page optimization tools give you a page score of up to 100 based on many on-page SEO optimization factors. You can use this feature to check how well your website is optimized.
- You can create a formidable link profile using Moz’s link research service. They aid in creating high-quality backlinks and the removal of low-quality ones.
- Because of its simple layout, it is a time-saving and efficient option.
- The link explorer feature of this tool helps you to find many link-building opportunities.
- Moz has a pretty clean and user-friendly UI.
- It comes with an very popular Chrome extension (Moz bar) that helps you to check the DA, PA, and link profile of any search result pages.
- Customer service at Moz is superior to that of competing platforms.
- You will experience frequent incidences of error messages when using various functionalities.
- Reports and data generation takes longer than SEMrush and Ahrefs.
- Only a small number of backlinks are stored in the database.
- The competitor analysis tool is less effective than on other platforms.
Moz Pro has four subscription plans: Standard, Medium, Large, and Premium. The monthly subscription of the Standard plan is $99, and that of Medium is $179. Large costs $299 per month, Premium costs $599 per month.
SEO Powersuite is another powerful option that can replace SEMRush quite easily. One of SEO Powersuite’s standout features is its ability to track an infinite number of keywords. This is a comprehensive software tool used by mid, small and large scale businesses to improve their website SEO performance.
- The SEO SpyGlass feature is a fantastic tool that allows you to see all of your competitor’s backlinks, find new link opportunities, and run link audits to stay out of Google’s danger zone.
- Its Link Assistant tool helps you to analyze your competitor’s backlinks and manage your outreach everything inside the tool.
- The rank tracker feature allows you to track your keywords ranking across 450+ global and local search engines.
- It allows you to automate backlink analysis, website audits, and rank tracking.
- This is the best option for individuals who can’t afford expensive SEO tools like SEMRush.
- It has a free option that comes with some basic features that would be enough for a beginner.
- You can track an endless amount of keywords with this tool.
- SEO Powersuite’s search engine analysis is reliable and accurate.
- You can easily find out hundreds of backlink opportunities using this tool.
- Auditing huge websites take some time.
- Frequent upgrades involve downloading the software regularly
- Each additional user must pay the total price for a license to use the platform.
- It’s not an cloud-based software so you have to download the software on your computer.
There are three plans available for SEO Powersuite. These are Free, Professional, and Enterprise. The cost of the Professional plan is $299, while the Enterprise plan costs $699.
Raven Tools is the last tool we have on our list of the best SEMRush alternatives. It’s one of the most excellent software suites for beginners. It’s a cost-effective solution with various capabilities for digital marketing. One of the most valuable aspects of this SEO tool is the Site auditor.
- It has a pretty huge keyword database with over 1.4 Keywords stored in its database.
- Raven’s Link Manager detects harmful backlinks as well as competition links. They work with Majestic to show up to 50,000 backlinks for every URL.
- Raven Tools gathers data from various other premium SEO tools on the internet to provide well-informed reports that can be used to improve SEM and SEO campaigns.
- Provides data from the search console.
- Both Moz and Majestic metrics are available.
- Raven Tools customer service team is attentive and helpful.
- There are simple AdWords and analytics integrations.
- It’s an expensive tool compared to other SEO tools available.
- During SEO evaluations, bugs do appear from time to time.
- In comparison to competing applications, Raven Tools has fewer professional tools.
Raven Tools has five different plans:
- SmallBiz – $39
- Starter – $79
- Grow – $139
- Thrive – $249
- Lead- $399
And annual payments receive a 30% discount.
For link analysis, Majestic is one of the top SEMRush alternatives. Majestic is a well-known SEO tool that delivers excellent backlink analysis and provides accurate trust and citation flows (Metrics that help in evaluating the quality of links).
- Its new link graph feature allows you to see a visual network graph of any website’s external links.
- The clique hunter feature assists you in identifying websites that link to your competitors’ websites.
- It has a feature of reports and backlink history, wherein you can adjust your link-building strategy by looking at a backlink’s whole profile history and reports.
- Its trust and citation flow measures the quality of links.
- Its site explorer feature is the best, gives all the important metrics about any website such as anchor text, backlink profile, referring domains, trust flow, and all.
- It boasts an extensive database of backlinks.
- It’s cost-effective.
- You can use it to create custom reports.
- Majestic offers up-to-date information and precise link data.
- The traffic analysis tool is not as good as SEMRush.
- There are numerous inconsistencies in the rank tracker feature.
- It’s not an all-in-one SEO tool, and it’s missing a few features found in other SEMRush rivals.
Three subscription plans are available in the Majestic tool:
- Lite – $49.99 per month.
- Pro – $99.99 per month.
- API – $399.99 per month.
It’s a diverse competitive analysis tool with intelligent SEO and PPC strategies. It allows you to track competitors, build custom reports, analyze backlinks, e.t.c. Giving you an all-in-one SEO alternative to SEMRush. SpyFu maintains a database of 80 million domains and 5 billion results to provide a competitive edge in building your SEO strategy.
- Its Kombat feature is a powerful tool for competitor keyword analysis. It allows you to find profitable keywords, ad keywords, and hidden keywords that your competitors use.
- Comes with an enhanced keywords research tool that helps you find long-tail keywords and it also shows you metrics like keyword volume.
- It is excellent for PPC keyword research providing you with estimated costs, new PPC keywords ideas, and PPC keywords of your competitors.
- It’s an expert-level research and analysis tool that provides real-time marketing-specific data in graphs and visuals.
- It gives you unlimited access to 12+ years worth of your competitors’ keyword data compared to SEMRush.
- On higher premium plans, search results are unlimited; nevertheless, most platforms, including SEMrush, have limitations regarding search results.
- Though it has a great keyword research tool, it lacks advanced filtering options
It allows you to save 60-80% compared to Semrush. Its basic plan starts from $39 per month and goes up to $299 for a Team plan with advanced features.
Though Semrush has been a popular tool for years for competitor analysis and SEO, considering its alternatives will save you tons of money without cutting out on accurate data.
If you’re on a budget and want as powerful an SEO tool as SEMRush, you can definitely give these SEMRush alternatives a try.